25 Unbelievable Car Accidents (Got Insurance?)
I don't know what they put in this guardrail, but it is a winner for strength! It barely bends as the car gets wedged between it and the power pole. They should use this sort of material to build maximum-security prisons. Forget Alcatraz, just lock up a few convicts behind these bars. They would never get out! I bet the driver was just glad that the guard rail kept him from pitching over the side. That had to be a hack of a ride.
25. World's Strongest Guardrail Goes too...Take a look at that tail lifted high into the air. The only other thing he had to do after filing his insurance claim was change his shorts. Well that, and probably explain to his mom what he meant when he told her the car had been "lifted", but not stolen. He should just thank his lucky stars to be alive. Of course, he has nothing on number 18! Wait until you see what happened to that car!
24. Can I Phone the Station?I would say that this message was received. I know you only get one phone call from the station, and that obviously didn't sit to well with whoever was on the receiving end. Yet all is not lost.
23. Bad Day to Be a HorseOkay so this looks like a college prank gone horribly awry, or a weird dream I once had. Never mind the weird dream, let's just say that it got a lot weirder than a horse flying through the window.
22. High Wired 2Some people look at this photo and see something that defies logic and reason. Me, I just think that those must be really strong power lines. In fact, I think they should make suspension and cable bridges out of those sorts of power lines if they are strong enough to suspend a car by one wheel!
Somehow, this is what I think it would look like if transformers were real and played volleyball out in the open. Each side would square off against the other, taking turns hitting a massive volleyball back and forth until fifteen points were scored.
20. Just Do It... Wait!The amount of damage would be tremendous. It would probably look a lot like this! However, as bad as this one is, you won't believe what happens to the sports car in number 11!
So the two guys in the pic are having a conversation. They have been standing there for thirty minutes. The older gentleman keeps insisting that his car is not sinking while the younger gentleman insists it is. If they wait another thirty minutes the point will be moot.
19. That Sinking FeelingThe older gentleman will be non-plussed while the younger gentleman flashes him that knowing “I told you so” smile. So take a lesson and be forewarned. If a younger gentleman approaches you and tells you that your car is sinking... it probably is.
This is what everyone dreads when they hand their car off to a valet. Look at the one on top. It is wedged in so tight that you could not shove a straw between the top of the car and the ceiling of the parking deck. It also seems to defy gravity.
18. Wedged in WonderYou have to wonder what kind of speed and trajectory you might need to pull off something like this. The valet could probably tell you. However, he's trying to scrape up enough money for bail at the moment, so we may never know.
17. My Car Might Have ShinglesThis looks like it could have been a deleted scene from the Naked Gun movie. Put Leslie Nielsen in that car with a doughnut, some coffee, and a pair of binoculars, and you have the making of one hilarious comedy scene.
A car completely submerged and a guy who looks exhausted, but thankful to be alive, crawling along the side of the pool. That is what we have here. If you came across this scenario what do you think your first instinct might be? Yep, me too.
16. Pool Fun!I would run over and see if the driver needed help. Not so for our picture taker though, his first thought was, “I have to take a picture of this!” God help me if I am ever trapped in a burning building and he is outside.
Yep, this car chase escalated alright. Right onto a major Hollywood film! It is completely fake. Look around. Notice how clean the rest of the mall is? No broken glass, no twisted metal. This was part of a scene filmed for the movie Crank, starring Jason Statham.
15. It Seems the Car Chase has EscalatedEven though it might be staged, it still makes the list because walking up the side of a car on an escalator is a ridiculous crash on any day, staged or not! It is almost as ridiculous as #16!
14. Hey Neighbor!Nothing says "Hey neighbor" like a classic dog pile. Take a look at this truck. He was so excited to see his Ferrari friend that he jumped right on top of him to give a big hello.
At least this individual gets bonus points for style and most difficult car crash rescue. Check out the EMT standing by in the foreground. He's looking at the driver as if he doesn't know how they're going to get over to the car to get them out.
13. Can I Park Here?The driver however, seems content to stay in the car as if nothing has happened. Who knows how you end up in a situation like this. Maybe they were looking for the closest parking spot for their doctors appointment. If so, we would say they won, hands down.
Every now and then friends like to drop in and say hello. Most of the time however, they use the front door. This guy decided to simply drop in with his vehicle... in the most neighborly way, you know, like you do.
The odd thing about this picture is the fact that the fence is unscathed. Pulling off a stunt like this is something for the record books. Aside from being the unique neighborly drop-in, this individual could have potentail as a career stunt driver. Move over Evel Knievel!
12. Mind if I Drop In?
11. Caution, Standing WaterI have heard of a legend that says the ground will open up and swallow bad taxis. It seems there is a troll living underground responsible for it all. I have to say, I never believed in the legend until now.
10. Truck Chin-UpsEven vehicles need to work out now and then to stay in shape. Check out the rare footage of this dump truck caught in action.
9. Fun Poles!Some vehicles have no shame and no boundaries. Such is the case for our friend here. Normally, these concrete-filled yellow poles would pose a challenge to anyone thinking of running them over.
Okay so the next time a driver tells you I had that spot first, you might want to pay attention. If not, you could very well end up like our friend in the red car here. I bet he will think twice the next time a driver shouts out, "Hey buddy you're in my spot!"
8. I Was Here FirstIn fact, he will probably shiver a bit and wet his pants. I would think you might have a bit of PTSD after being involved in a parallel parking incident like this one. Just sayin'.
Sometimes you just have to send them a message. Sometimes when you are ignored by a store employee, or treated rudely by a retail manager, you have to take a stand. There are many ways to do that, but the one you see here probably takes the cake. Think Fried Green Tomatoes on steroids.
7. I Hit the Gas Instead of the BrakeRemember the scene in the grocery store parking lot where she battles it out with another driver? Well, maybe she should have come in hot, rolled over, and shot straight through the wall. Yep, that would definitely have sent a message.
Seems like this car is a bit confused. Granted, we have all seen our share of zoo animals basking in the sun. What crocodile or sea lion doesn't enjoy a great sunbath, right? Well, evidently it inspired this vehicle to do the same.
6. Sun BathingWe can see it sunning its underside for a while to even out the tone. Perhaps it should have chosen a spot other than a public park to do its sunbathing.
Sometimes a bit of home improvement is in order. If you are a DIY handyman, you can probably make some significant improvements to your property. However, we are going to go out on a limb here and say that this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Sending your pickup truck sailing through a wall is not the best way to start off the work week.
5. Minor Trailor ModUnless it is a demo job. He is probably pretty good at that. Yet, in his defense, notice the chains behind the truck. Hmmm... there appears to be more to the story that we will probably never know. Hang on for #22 though, that picture is indescribable!
4. TrainspottingThis is perhaps the most clever way to catch a train, although we highly recommend you refrain from doing so. You see, there are just so many variables to contend with. For instance, where will you park once you arrive?
3. Best Pile Up EverSometimes there are simply no words for what you see. This is one of those times. We have no explanation as to how these cars got here.
This picture is pure poetic justice. I mean come on, if you had a car like that don't you think you might need to throw it away as well?
Somebody did, and they did a rather nice job of doing so we might add. I wonder what the trash bill runs for disposing of things like cars and such? No matter, as creative as this one is, it still doesn't hold a candle to #7!
2. Take Out the Trash
I'm no genius, but I would say that this tractor unsuccessfully made its way through the tunnel. Who are we kidding, what you have here is one big old tractor scramble. Bonus points for the two guys standing there with their hands in their pockets.
2. Tractor ScrambleI would say that is a supervisor and a job foreman. Maybe when the emergency responders hit the scene, they can try to put this Humpty Dumpty mess back together.
Okay so obviously the car beat out the jeep for the parking spot… However, the jeep simply failed to recognize the matter. This is what happens when you try to race someone home at the ripe old age of 17. I wonder what the stakes were? Chances are, the prize for winning won't cover the repair bill to the vehicle or the house!